Responsibilities of the Office for Supervision and Accreditation
Office for Supervision and Accreditation is a supervisory body at the Ministry of Communications and Transport of Bosnia and Herzegovina. As part of its inspection work, it is responsible for:
- Verifying the compliance of the internal rules on the service provision and the security concept of the verifying staff with the Law on Electronic Signature and the regulations arising thereof,
- Verifying the certifier’s compliance, at all times of its activity, with the provisions of the Law and the regulations arising thereof as well as with the internal rules on the provision of services and the security concept,
- Supervising the use of technical means and the procedures in case where certifiers provide services related to secure electronic signature,
- Verifying whether the body accredited for issuing security compliance certificates meets the organisational criteria,
- Registering certifiers who submit notification of the commencement of their work and accrediting certifiers in accordance with the Law provisions,
- Establishing the equivalence of the verification reports from third countries,
- Providing revocation services, in case a certifier ceases to provide electronic signature and verification services or it has been forbidden to further provide such services and the provision of revocation services has not yet been taken over by another certifier.
Office for Supervision and Accreditation maintains electronic register of certifiers with the main office in Bosnia and Herzegovina, accredited certifiers and certifiers with main office in third countries the certificates of which are guaranteed by certifiers with the main office in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The Office is also authorised to take any measures to ensure meeting the requirements under the Law on Electronic Signature and the related regulations, such as prohibition of use of inappropriate technical means and procedures, provision of all or individual services in connection with electronic signature and verification, revocation of certifier’s or signatory’s certificates, ordering revocation of certificate to a certifier, etc.